Tuesday, October 23, 2012

[2XMODELS] Taylor Cowan

I did a little hiatus last week because of the fashion shows that were happening in Lisbon. I had a lot of pictures to edit and reviews to write. However, I'm back with a brand new interview with a great male model. He's a veteran in fashion shows since he walked for the best high fashion brands and one of his characteristics is a tattoo on his chest saying "Aequitas" (which is the latin concept of justice, equality, symmetry or fairness. Let's know a little more about him!

TAYLOR COWAN

Name: Taylor Jeffrey Cowan
Date of birth: 12/03/1990
Nationality: American
How did you start modeling? I attended an open call at SMG (Seattle Model's Guild). They wanted me to start modeling immediately but i was a full time college student most of the year and a 50-70 hour department store worker when I wasn't face first in books. I returned a few months later and they said that they still wanted to represent me. I accepted then and it's been history ever since.

(Walking for Gucci and Bottega Veneta)

 (Walking for DSquared2, Missoni and Valentino)

(Walking for Corneliani, Kris Van Assche, John Galliano and Les Hommes)

Who is your reference in the fashion industry? My team at Wilhelmina. They work damn hard and I trust them whole heartedly.
Favorite brand/designer? 
It is a toss up between Belstaff and Burberry for me. I love a lot of the jackets and coats that they both do.


How often do you go to the gym? Never, I am notoriously poor at working out and eating unhealthy. Mac and cheese, hot dogs and Oreos for life! My only saving grace is my moms metabolism I apparently inherited...
How’s your nutrition? To reiterate above: it is horrible. My room mates constantly ask me how I can be so unhealthy and I constantly tell them that I don't know.


What do you like the most about you?
 My ability to make friends anywhere. I can be a very social creature and I have little fear when meeting new people or doing new things. I don't feel that you can grow as a person unless you make yourself vulnerable to new situations.
If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would that be?
 Either John Frusciante or John Butler; two of my favorite and most legendary guitarists. I feel like they are people who would have insane life stories and lessons too share all while shredding out a tasty tune.

(for Calvin Klein White lookbook)

Favorite movie?
 "The Boondock Saints". My best friend beau and I have Aequitas and Veritas tattooed on our collars (DISCLAIMER: inspired by but not for the movie haha)
What songs are playing on your iPod at the moment? 
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Thrift shop
. That song is on constant repeat. Take a gander if you've never heard them before, pacific north-west hip-hop from Seattle.
Favorite dish?
 Home made macaroni and cheese. The stuff my mom makes from scratch is LEGEND.



What annoys you the most?
 Being sticky. I can't stand it. Like having honey or sap on your hands or when your shirt sticks to your back when you have aloe vera on. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me.
If a genie gave you three wishes what would they be?
1. The ability to manipulate time
 
2. My own theme song for everything
 
3. More Genies (if i can't have more wishes!)
The most beautiful place you’ve been?
 Sestri Levante, Italy. Clear sea, warm weather, beautiful sky, and it was cheap. Two friends and myself drove out there from milan once and it was amazing. Just take a look 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sestri_Levante_and_Baia_del_Silenzio,_the_Bay_of_Silence.jpg


Guilty pleasure?
 Video Games. They've always been a way for me to spend solitary time and let my mind wander.  real good escape from reality. I just get bad at balancing it with other things.
You can’t live without…? 
Communication. No matter what I do, it usually involves something with more than one person. Even video games, I always play online with people I know. I say communication because that envelopes a lot. Internet, Phone, Mail, what have you.
Favorite drink? 
Dr.pepper and white rum
Favorite book? 
Currently cruising through the Game of Thrones series and loving it.

Favorite color?
 Blue 

(Walking for Tommy Hilfiger)

The worst misconception about models? 
That models are brutal to one another. On the male modeling side, I feel it is more of a society of brothers than anything. Your friend got that campaign? He's got the next round. Long line at a casting? Someone break out a game. I have had very few situations where models have been hostile to one another. At least on the male side.
What do you want to accomplish as a model? 
I want to leave modeling with money saved or property bought. Something that I can use later in life when I can no longer walk a runway and that will aid me in many other things.


I wanna thank Taylor so much for doing this. He's a great model, the interview was really interesting and I can't wait to see him doing bigger things in fashion. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bellisimo todo, saludos desde www.jualferx.blogspot.com

Tiago Miguel Andrade said...

Muito Bom Zé :)