Saturday, January 12, 2013

Katie Eary's street couture

To be honest, London Fashion Week didn't take my breath away. However, there was one special collection that I totally loved: Katie Eary F/W 2013. I've been a fan of her previous work even though I discovered her recently. Rihanna used one of Katie Eary's t-shirts (see here) in a live show and everyone tried to guess where was that tee from. The british designer kept doing her thing and presented an amazing Spring/Summer collection with great prints and a streetstyle iconic vibe. Suddenly, she's everyone's favorite. It doesn't bother me at all because I think Katie deserves to be recognized and she's a modern cosmopolitan brain.

KATY EARY Fall/Winter 2013

Her core point is working flawlessly with prints and that's what she did on her Fall/Winter 2013 collection. It is full of roses, peonies and lobster prints in fuchsia, black, blue and red. These dominant colors worn by vampire models created a street couture runway show. It was uh-mazing!!! Everything was urban, over the top, edgy and wearable. Eye catchy prints and textures that I totally imagine on streetstyle pictures. The boldness of this collection is not for those people who wanna be under the radar.
Hands down, I predict some big things for miss Katie Eary... and hopefully someday I'll have one of these amazing prints to wear. *dreaming*


Backstage pictures by Mark Rabadán

No comments: