Monday, November 19, 2012

Too much going on!


Christopher Kane has parted ways with Versus, the Versace sister line for which he designs, fuelling yet more speculation that he is in talks with Balenciaga.

Kane is a great designer and I'm imagining him leading Balenciaga to the right way, completing Ghesquière's innovative work. Fresh blood that will probably ignite a new era for the French fashion house. Let's see what the future has in store. 

"I am so grateful to Donatella Versace for her support and the incredible opportunities she has given me. I respect her enormously and have learned so much from her. I have loved and appreciated working with her and will always be indebted to her. I am excited about the new Versus strategy, but the time has come to dedicate all my focus to the future of the Christopher Kane label." - said the Scottish designer.

Kane is one of a number of designers who have been touted as possible Ghesquière successors, others include duo Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Joseph Altuzarra and Mary Katrantzou. Who are you rooting for?

Honestly, I'm devastated with this tragedy. Christopher should stay with Donatella in BBF-town.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gracias por tenerme al día. Quiero invitarte a conocer un poco de mi país en estas increibles fotografias, muévete a verlas, valen la pena. Besos y besos.